Core Tech is always looking for smart, fun, big thinkers to join our team. We are a innovative technology firm in Downtown Milwaukee. We offer "one stop shopping " for our clients by providing outstanding managed services, firewall/server implementation, VoIP phone systems and top of the line security cameras and access control systems. The #1 service that we sell is exceptional customer care.
Sure, we'll read your resume but we are way more interested in your cover letter. Tell us about yourself, and why you want to come work for us. What makes you tick? What makes you excited about working with the "internet of things"?
If you are looking for new challenges and opportunities, if you are someone who wants to grow with a small but mighty company then we want to hear from you.
Infrastructure Networking Engineer/Service Desk Technician L2
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Hey there! We are looking for an Infrastructure and Networking Engineer or Service Desk Technician L2 -- depending on skill and experience -- to join our fun and dynamic support team in downtown, Milwaukee!
We are an MSP, providing solutions to several small to large sized businesses in the Milwaukee metro area. This position will need to perform technical work installing, operating and providing first and second level support for networking, desktop, printers, mobile devices, servers and firewalls. Should you qualify for the engineer position, you will field escalations and level 3/infrastructure and networking engineer projects, in addition to assisting the team with level 1 and level 2 support requests.
You must be prepared to support iOS; Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11 operating systems, Windows Server, MacOS, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, 2021, 2019 and 2016 variants, Office 365 administration, AzureAD, as well as various line-of-business and mobile applications.
Shifts for this position are scheduled for 8 hours between 7:00 AM and 6:00PM. Afterhours and week-end coverage is handled by on-call schedule rotating weekly.
This position reports to the Service Desk Manager.
Essential job duties:
· Respond to and resolve incoming support requests, both as incoming tickets in the queue and direct phone calls from our customers.
· Creation of KB articles and proper documentation of support cases, new deployments and customer-specific information relevant to the software or hardware at hand.
· Perform training, both internally and for our customers as required on various complex topics and technologies.
· Establish and maintain contact with vendors for support and problem resolution.
· Monitors the queue and phones for support requests and addresses them in order of priority and urgency.
· Monitor and measure the performance of our customers’ infrastructure through use of our RMM and through direct interaction and feedback. Correct and report issues to the appropriate individual.
· Utilize resources effectively. Escalate in a timely manner, if needed to manage time effectively and maintain excellent customer service.
· Performs tasks and projects as assigned by the Service Desk Manager.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to identify and analyze problems, utilizing available resources to resolve issues efficiently, providing outstanding customer service and value.
· Ability to understand and follow complex and written instructions.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Knowledge of the operation and support of PCs, Macs, servers, firewalls, switches, modems.
· Solid Knowledge of LAN and WAN products, protocols and configuration.
· Hands-on experience configuring and deploying firewalls and switches highly preferred – Fortigate, SonicWall, Palo Alto, Netgate experience a plus!
· Knowledge of PBX phone systems preferred.
· Knowledge of Avigilon or other access control systems preferred.
· Exceptional customer service.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Must be able to pivot as needed and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Ability to present ideas in a relatable, user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
Education and Certifications:
Associates or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology/ Computer Science or related area
A minimum (4) years’ experience in desktop, server, and network support
Proficiency in PowerShell preferred
CCNA and/or MCSE preferred
(A comparable amount of training, education, or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
Job Type: Salary / Full-time